Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another Edge happenin'

OK, I started yesterday with a bunch of tissue paper and rice paper adhered to a canvas. I'll be going for Edge of the Trees (thinking of the big Sequoias near us). So, blue papers, green papers, tree shapes, a bit of cloud. And then some drying time. . . .



I'm not ready for paint yet. So, I went in and added more paper, crumbled shapes for brush, spikey shapes for grasses, highlights and lowlights on trees, etc. A bit of darkening areas of sky. All still with paper.



Once this dries, I'll be ready for paint. I don't think I want any watercolor in this one. I'm going for a heavier look so I'll probably use undiluted acrylics. Of course, I change my mind all the time, so who knows. . . . Check back later.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting start. Can't wait to see where you are headed with this one.

    ReplyDelete