Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cliff Walk


I just finished this small (9 x 11) pastel. It's on sanded paper, unframed, and priced at $65.

My brain keeps shouting at me "I don't want to be a landscape artist!" But, every time I pick up pastels that's where we seem to go.

I've learned that some media lend themselves to certain types of paintings. Can't imagine having done Lines and Circles and Squares in all pastel. I liked doing it as mixed media. By the same token, too much mixed media in this would lose something. . . . maybe the feel of the water.

So, switches from watercolor to acrylic to pastel gives me more space within my head or heart or soul to try different approaches. Hmmm. Now there's a thought. Maybe I'll settle on a single image or idea and do it separately in those three media. Could be fun.

1 comment: